Business Partners to CONVINCE is pleased to share the following resources by our partner de Beaumont Foundation.
de Beaumont’s “Seven Ways Businesses Can Align with Public Health for Bold Action and Innovation” Report offers strategies to end and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure America is better prepared to address future public health crises. With funding from the de Beaumont Foundation, the report was prepared by the Johns Hopkins Institute for Health and Productivity Studies (IHPS) and is based on interviews with 40 public health and business leaders, including executives from Disney, IBM, USAA, Sodexo, Goodyear, and Walmart.
Seven recommendations emerged for business leaders to strengthen the health of communities and help ensure America’s long-term economic prosperity:
- “Put out the fire” of COVID-19 by following advice of credible public health experts.
- Improve the health and well-being of employees.
- Promote healthy communities.
- Become a “force multiplier” by leveraging expertise, staff, and other resources to collaborate with local and state public health departments to be better prepared for future public health emergencies.
- Actively facilitate public-private partnerships in the community.
- Advocate for development of accountability dashboards that track and monitor progress toward achieving key economic and public health outcomes in a community.
- Advocate for a rebuilding and expansion of a national public health workforce supported by a modern information technology infrastructure.